Rationalizing the season? This season? It’s doable.
How about the following:
- We don’t have to worry about chicken jokes.
- The Dodgers didn’t have much better luck with Gonzo and Beckett and the injured Carl Crawford – they went 17-18 since pulling the trigger.
- Technically, the Rangers had a bigger end-of-season collapse this season than we did last year since it cost them the division, but they still get a shot at the Orioles in the playoff play-off game under the new rules.
- The Red Sox have won more games in October than the Patriots, Bruins and Celtics combined.
- We still haven’t been eliminated from the 2013 playoffs.
So, chin up!