The Charles River Esplanade is a pretty spectacular place during Boston’s Fall months. The sun is setting earlier and earlier these days, so you’re guaranteed to get a beautiful view during your post-work bike ride, run, or stroll.
But the Esplanade is about to get a lot more bright thanks to the Lucy Light Forest, which officially opened to the public yesterday. Just west of the Hatch Shell, this Light Forest lights up a portion of the Esplanades path. I saw the setup process happening earlier this week and it looks amazing. The 10,000 lights and sounds react to your movement as you pass through the forest.
Lucy is hosting a bunch of fitness classes at the Light Forest next week led by some of the best instructors Boston has to offer. The schedule is pretty diverse:
- October 7th: Yoga 6:00pm
- October 8th: Pilates 6:00am, City Sports Run Club 6:00pm, Bootcamp 6:00pm
- October 9th: Yoga 6am, Barre Blast 6:00pm
- October 10th: Pilates 6:00pm
- October 11th: Hip Hop Vinyasa Yoga 6:00pm
- October 12th: Ultimate Bootcamp hosted by City Sports 9:00am, Pilates 4:00pm
- October 13th: Yoga 4:00pm