Bold declaration out of Virginia today, where Senator Mark Warner is jumping on the bandwagon of deporting Canadian Rapscallion Justin Bieber:
With this important news out there, we need to get to the bottom of where our national representatives lie on the situation. Assessing the representatives for Boston:
- Sen. Elizabeth Warren – Belieber – While she hasn’t made any sort of rumblings that she would consider running for President in 2016, she also hasn’t made any sort of rumblings that she wouldn’t consider running for President in 2016. So, she can’t be going pissing off Canadian-American voters in a Democratic primary. If this was the general election, though, her tough stance on immigration may be more useful, but now isn’t the time.
- Sen. Ed Markey – Not a Belieber – If I was him, I’d do anything possible to run from this headline from last January. DEPORT.
- Representative Michael Capuano – Not a Belieber – There is no way that shit would be happening in Somerville.
- Representative Stephen Lynch – Belieber – He has a 14 year old daughter. No dad makes that call. No way.
- Mayor Marty Walsh – Belieber – Supply and Demand. The longer Bieber stays around, the increased need for security, police forces and pot hole repairs.
- Former Mayor Tom Menino – Belieber – You know, unless Justin really likes Chik-Fil-A.
- Attorney General Martha Coakley – Not a Belieber – She wouldn’t understand why people would wait in the cold to see him.
- Former Senator Scott Brown – Not a Belieber – He’d deport, then move to Florida and run for his senate seat (I’m assuming Scotty thinks Bieber has a senate seat).